Our Little *SECRET* Up On the Hill

~Where we'll walk every step of *forever*, together.

To His Glory.







lørdag 20. oktober 2007

Like Mary, Jonathan and Ruth..


It's been a very long time since I wrote, I'll try to be less absent in the future =)


Yesterday I started reading a book of Francine Rivers (one of my favourite writers) called "Unafraid" ("Maria" in Norwegian). It's the last book in "The Lineage of Grace"-series. The five books are about five women, whom God chose, to play a key role in the lineage of Jesus Christ. The five are:

Tamar -Unveiled

Rahab -Unashamed

Ruth -Unshaken

Batsheba -Unspoken

Mary -Unafraid


I've been reading all of them, but "Unafraid" is the first that I've actually started to read from beginning to end. It's my desire to read all of them, they have learned me so much, just the little glimses I've had of them, that I'm curious to find out what secret blessings they really contain when being read properly. I'm a woman, following God, as they were.


I really see the value in studying the different characters in the Bible. They we're ordinary people, unique and special in their own way (like we are). God loved them, as He loves us, and He wanted them to serve Him, just as He wants for us. The people we meet in the Bible, had the same choice that we have, to follow God, or not to follow Him. Some of them chose to follow. To say "yes", even when emptying the ocean would seem like an easier and more natural task. We have a lot to learn from them, thay should be our ideals, the way we would want to be. Why don't we read their stories, prey that we may have the faith they had, that we may avoid the mistakes they did, and that we may be tools for God, laying down our lives; Like they did.


Why don't we teach our children (or little sisters or brother, friends and nephews) to be little Davids, Ruths, Tamars and Esthers? I think we should.


"The Sons of Encouragement"-series (by Francine Rivers):

Aaron -The Priest

Caleb -The Warrior

Jonathan -The Prince

Amos -The Prophet

Silas -The Scribe


There are plenty of books written about the Bible's characters, I have knowledge to these books, I know they're good, that's why I mention them. I'm sure there are other good books on the subject out there too.


For the Children, there's a book called "Bible Stories for Growing Kids", another well written book of Francine Rivers&Shannon Rivers Coibion.


To read from the first chapters from all these books, that I've mentioned, go here:



Click: Read more,

and then: Book Previews


Just a little note of encouragement,

happy reading!!


(and of course, do not forget to read the stories in The Scripture either)


May God bless you all, may you dance for Him like David, turn to Him like Rahab, may you have grace like Batsheba, may you trust Him like Abraham, and may He forever keep you enclosed in His everlasting love.


"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea,

I have loved thee with an everlasting love:

therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

Jeremiah 31:3

Ingen kommentarer: