Our Little *SECRET* Up On the Hill

~Where we'll walk every step of *forever*, together.

To His Glory.







søndag 19. oktober 2008

Bible Reading Challenge


I have decided to do a one year Bible reading.

I got the challenge at Rachel's blog.

If you'd like to join it would be great, just visit the link above.

.

.

Here is what you have to do:

.
*Read the three chapters a day - after reading them, pray for at least 15 minutes, for anyone who needs prayers and for your heart to be opened, and whatever else you need.

.
*Post about what you read on your blog when you read your Bible, giving the Scripture you read and what it meant to you.

.
*Make a category for this on your blog to post your posts in.
.

*Announce the Challenge on your blog, using the icon and banner I made.


*Sign the Mr. Linky, which will be on every one of Rachel's Bible reading posts, with the link to

your post (So she can check it out!)

.

Her reasons for posting the challenge is as following:

.
*I know there was the 90-Day Bible Reading Challenge blog that Jenna set up for the people who wanted to read the Bible in 90 days, and some of you may have done that. But I don’t want to just zip through the Bible and not understand what I am reading. I tried reading the 12 chapters a day for the 90-Day Challenge, but I couldn’t keep up. I think 3 chapters a day gives you enough to think on and is enough to understand what you are reading.

.
*I plan on getting up early in the morning and doing my Bible Time then and my Prayer Time also. But you can do it before you go to bed or during the day. I would recommend that you do it in the morning when you get up. I feel more refreshed in the morning when the gray dawn is approaching and the birds are starting to sing. Don’t you? :)

.
*Well, I hope you join me. You don’t have to post about your Bible Reading everyday if you can’t, but that is one of the requirements. I would like to read over your posts is all and comment on them.

.

.

.

One of my favourite Scriptures is in 2 Timothy, chapter 3, verse 15-17 -

.
15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

.
Some more Scriptures I like are about the wisdom that comes from God and reading His Word.

.
Psalm 111:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

.
Proverbs 1:7The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

.
Proverbs 9:10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

.
To fear the Lord is to begin to have knowledge. We all need to remember that.
The Lord is greatly to be praised, as 1 Chronicles 16:25

.

For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods,”

.

says. One way we can praise Him is by reading His Word and by acting on it. Jesus and Paul tell us how to act in the New Testament. You can find all about it if you go read the Word for yourself. :)
.

I hope you join the challenge. If you write in Norwegian, I'm sure that's no problem, it will anyway be so fun to share thoughts of what we read.

.

Peace to you all,

åslaug
**PS! (Almost) all text in this post is copied from Rachel's blog. I did not write it myself.

Ingen kommentarer: