Our Little *SECRET* Up On the Hill

~Where we'll walk every step of *forever*, together.

To His Glory.







søndag 19. oktober 2008

First Day of the Challenge

Reading:
Jeremiah, chapter 1-3
.
What it meant to me:
.
The first chapter tells of Jeremiah’s call from God, how He knew him before He created him in his mother’s womb. Jeremiah’s protests reminds me of my own, how it’s so easy to say to God;
.
I’m too young, too busy, I don’t know how to do this!!
.
And yet God reminds Jeremiah over and over again:
.
I will be with you, I will guard you, they will fight you, but they won’t win. Don’t be afraid of them!
.
In the next chapters Jermiah speak from God of Israels unfaithfulness, of the people’s love towards other gods, and how disgusting God thinks it. How impossible it is for Him to take her back as His beloved bride.
.
Yet, in the very last chapter, He turns His anger away and look with mercy upon her. And Israel understands her betrayal, and she is disgusted and ashamed from her behavior. And God receives her.
.
It reminds me of how unworthy I am of His love, of His mercy, His forgiveness. And how much in my life that compromises Him, how disgusting it is to Him, and how I still can repent and ask forgiveness.

Peace to all of you,

åslaug


Ingen kommentarer: